FUN CURL - SUNDAY'S 1:00-2:00PM
YOUTH LEAGUE - SUNDAY'S 2:00-3:30PM
FUN Curl and Youth League date to begin October 06, 2019. Sign up as a team or as individuals. Parent assistance is greatly appreciated to help with the youth curlers!!! If you need to be paired up with a parent that is able to assist with your child please let us know.
- All participants will need a Participation Form filled out is available at the Curling Office.
- All curlers Grade 5 and Under will need protective headgear. Bike, skateboard, hockey, skating, and riding helmets are all acceptable.
Suggested Kindergarten - Grade 5
- Start Date: October 06, 2019
- Time: Sunday, 1:00-2:00pm
- Cost: $150.00 for the full season and $100.00 for a half season (September - December or January - March). Cost includes the use of our brooms and sliders.
The curlers will be split into groups ideally based on ages Kindergarten to Grade 2 and Grade 3 - Grade 5. The curlers will have on and off ice sessions. Helmets are mandatory for this age group while on the ice. 2 sheet of little rocks for this age group to use, as well the youth rings are back. Each week will be a quick run through of basic skills, then hopefully a 1 or 2 end game to put those new skills to the test!! For first year curlers that are in Grade 5, FUN Curl is the starting point.
For protective headgear Goldline carries toques and headbands or Asham carries helmets.
- Suggested Ages: Grade 5 with experience and older
- Start Date: October 06, 2019
- Time: Sunday, 2:00-3:30
- Cost: $230.00 for the full season and $150.00 for a half season (October- December or January - March). Cost includes the use of our brooms and sliders.
The first Sunday will be a practice and a chance for the mentors/helpers to get to know the kids and make the teams. Ideally each Sunday will start with 10-15 minutes for drills/strategy then will play a game and try and make a goal for end of the first half to play 4 ends.
Commonly Asked Questions
How do I get my child registered for curling?
What Should My Child Wear for curling?
- TOP: It's no fun being cold on the ice...so wear layers...that way if you get hot you can take off your coat and still be comfortable in a turtleneck or hoodie.
- BOTTOM: Jogging pants, Yoga Pants or Curling Pants are suggested...something that has flexibility...jeans are NOT recommended.
- HANDS: A pair of gloves or mittens.
- FEET: We have sliders that Youth can use at no charge...just bring CLEAN Indoor Shoes with a good grip or wear curling shoes. Purchasing grippers for the feet is also a good idea. NO cowboy boots, NO winter boots, NO muddy shoes, NO socks are to be worn on the ice. You will be kindly asked to leave the ice and find clean indoor shoes before entering bank on the curling ice.
- OTHER: It is extremely important curlers of all ages do not wear clothing covered in lint or animal hair to maintain good ice conditions.
Are there lockers available for rent?
Yes! If you would like to rent a locker to keep your child's curling gear in, it's $50.00 and lockers can be rented on a first come first serve basis at The Curling Office.
What if my child misses a day of curling?
If your child gets sick or life happens and they can't make it, please contact the curling office and let us know they won't be in attendance.